We all aren’t professional makeup artists. Sometimes you just want something easy and low maintenance.
I put to together a list of products that are really easy to use and are great for those that aren’t super confident or comfortable with makeup.
I chose products that don’t require a special brush or skilled, precise application. Enjoy!
In the morning when you are groggy and running late for work or class the perfect base product is something that can be blended easily and incorporates other parts of your skincare routine. The products I chose can be applied with your hands.
- Option 1: BB Cream
- BB creams are great because they moisturize, have yummy skincare ingredients, and provide light coverage to even out your skin.
- My favorite BB Creams are Clinique Age-Defense BB Cream (great for oily skin) and Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm (great for blemish-prone or sensitive skin).
- Option 2: Tinted Moisturizer
- Tinted moisturizers offer moisture and a tint of color to even out skin. Many tinted moisturizers have an SPF as well.
- Laura Mercier makes cult favorite tinted moisturizers. She offers something for every skin type. Each of her tinted moisturizers contain SPF20. She offers a normal version, an oil-free version, and an illuminating version. If you want a bit more coverage, then go for the oil-free version.
- Jouer is also worth checking out. They offer a luminizing moisture tint and a matte moisture tint. I’m hoping to get my hands on the matte version soon! Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup is a big fan of Jouer and their moisture tints.
- *Note: If you have oily skin apply a powder to set your base and reduce shine. Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder is a great option since it comes with its own pad to apply the product. It’s a great powder to travel with or throw in your purse.
- Stila Convertible Color
- These are super easy to apply and blend with your fingers. They can be used on your cheeks and lips. Perfect for the girl on the go!
- These creamy colors give a healthy, dewey finish. I love the color Gerbara.
My favorite everyday lip products are moisturizing, offer a tint of color, and give a nice sheen. I don’t want to have to bother looking in a mirror to reapply. The ideal product will fade away nicely and not travel outside of the lips throughout the day.
- Option 1: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
- I LOVE Clinique Chubby Sticks. Go buy one if you don’t have one. They are moisturizing, have a balm texture, and offer sheer color.
- My favorite colors are Mega Melon and Super Strawberry. I have my eye on Mighty Mimosa.
- Option 2: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments
- I have raved about these before and you can see my original post on them here.
- These lip treatments are decadent and so comfortable to wear. They are truly a treat for your lips. All the colors are beautiful, but Sugar Rose is a very safe, sheer color for work.
- Option 1: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes
- Sorry about all the Clinique shout-outs but I LOVE these shadow sticks. They are super easy to use and can be easily blended with your fingers. They stay crease-free for a long time. Some of the colors are shimmery, so just be aware and swatch them before you buy if shimmer is an issue for you.
- My favorite colors are Bountiful Beige, Lots o’ Latte, Fuller Fudge, and Ample Amber. Bountiful Beige and Lots o’ Latte are great everyday colors that can be slicked on your eyes quickly.
- Option 2: Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream/Gel Eyeshadows
- These eyeshadows are affordable, easy to apply, and can be applied and blended with your fingers. They stay put well and don’t crease.
- My favorite colors are Barely Branded and Bad to the Bronze.
- *Note: I wear an eyeshadow primer under both of these products because I have oily lids (I use Urban Decay Primer Potion). However, most people will be able to use these without a primer.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
- These are so easy to apply ( they won’t pull or tug on your eyelids). They are pigmented and long-lasting.
- If you are worried about overdoing it with eyeliner, just apply to the corners of your eyes to add definition.
- Option 1: Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
- I chose this mascara because it is virtually impossible to get clumpy, spider lashes if you use the side of the brush with dense, short bristles.
- This mascara doesn’t run or transfer to my brown bone as I wear it. However, it is rather difficult to get off at the end of the day.
- Option 2: L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara
- I have previously shared my love of this mascara here.
- This is great for building dense, lush lashes. Just be sure to start at the very root and wiggle your brush side to side as you move to the tip or you risk getting some clump action. You only need one coat for day and possibly 2 for a nighttime look.
I hope you found this interesting and helpful! Let me know how you like these products! I also want to know what y’all use for your everyday looks!